My name is Ryan. I am going to be a Sophomore in college this fall. Over the past several years, it has come to my attention how ignorant most of America really is. During my junior year in high school I participated in a competition based on the United States Constitution and everything that surrounds it, from the documents that most influenced the writing of it, to the events that forced the Framers to write it, to the arguments surrounding it at the time and how the Constitution has been molded, interpreted, amended throughout it's history and finally how it applies to us as Americans today. At the time, I was a good little student and did his homework and learned what he needed to. It wasn't until I got to college that I really began to realize how important it is that we as citizens of the United States who are contractually bound to the Constitution, understand what it means for us and to at least have a basic knowledge of how it was created, where it came from etc.
Now, let me be clear, this blog is NOT to just rant about the ignorance of Americans when it comes to their government. No, no, it is a blog to rant about the ignorance of Americans as a whole. My eyes have been opened to understand how dumb this country really is. From religion, to history to health to basic common sense I mean everything. Let's take McDonald's as an example. It has been proven to be unhealthy and bad for your body. Yet, the line in the drive-thru when I pass by any given McDonald's is still at least 10 cars long during Dinner or lunch time and almost never has less than 3 cars throughout the day. I understand it tastes good and is cheap, but really? You cant find a better alternative? I mean it is pathetic that no matter what studies say, we take the way that is easiest and cheapest. I mean we can't even walk into the fucking building, we have to pull our cars up to the window. How about since your eating a 2,000 calorie burger, you WALK into the building and burn at least 20 of those thousands of calories you will be in-taking. But no, common sense flies out the window because it's a little bit harder to park, exit your vehicle, walk 20 steps to the entrance, open the door and stand in line. Ironically enough, doing so usually takes LESS time than sitting in the drive thru. But it gets better, because once you have received your burger and fries (lets not discuss the amount of sodium one finds in the fries alone...) you take it home to your house and sit in front of your brain rotting television watching mindless tv while you stuff your face with enough calories to last you an entire week and enough sodium to to make another Great Salt Lake. So in the hour that you have spent getting and consuming your burger you have lessened your health and rotted your brain. Congratulations, but hey! at least it tastes good!
That McDonald's rant is only a glimpse of what I plan to discuss on this blog. Believe me, I could go on for pages at a time about the fast food industry alone.
Ultimately, this blog is to discuss ignorant Americans and share with the world my astonishment at how logic and rationality seems non-existent to 90% of the United States population. Instead they let meaningless emotions and feelings like greed, hatred and lethargy control their lives.
I want to to invite any and all comments as long as they are well thought out and make a valid point. As I have made clear, ignorance is not a virtue that I hold with high esteem. I would love to hear all sides of every argument I make.
No comments:
Post a Comment